Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fans Will Come Back Crazier Than Ever


Hockey's back.

But will the fans find their love of the game again anytime soon?

Does the tin man have a sheet metal cock?

NHL fans don't lack passion, especially when pints are involved. Here's a few of my favourite examples of fan insanity over the years.

Anaheim fan brawl over Niedermayer stick:



Beer vs Flames



First game back in Winnipeg



Tie Domi vs Philly nutjob:



All-time classic Bruins vs. Rangers Milbury shoe beating



And finally, the loudest the crowd in Ottawa Senators history - Igor Kravchuk's goal to bury the Devils in '98.



***

The real reason Senators fans will return with money in hand?

You get to see this guy play again in your uniform. It's worth it. Enjoy it while it lasts.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think fans will be back for sure, in the short term. The compressed schedule will make this year very exciting. So much will happen in such a short period of time.

Over the longer term, I'm a bigger NFL fan than any other time in my life, thanks to the NHL lockout. I've also been reacquainted with the Toronto Raptors for the first time since the Vince Carter days, and the Blue Jays have got my attention for the first time in fifteen years.

As long as the NHL is exciting, I'm watching. But, I'm switching the channel if it's not. I've been converted from a loyal die-hard to a "show me what you got".h

Anonymous said...

Not sure if fans in Ottawa will be back in droves. Team 1200 is said to be giving away TONS of tickets on Friday. Sales for the home opener are reportedly slow.

We're a fickle town, I love that about us, so the Senators need be in the race for first in the East or look at a few thousand empty seats.