Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kuba Leaves Tampa With Mixed Feelings


The Tampa Tribune ran a short piece on new Ottawa Senator defenseman Filip Kuba today, revealing that he never tried to invoke his no-trade clause, not out of a desire to play for Ottawa, but because he thought it was hopeless to do so.

"The way it was presented to me at the time, I knew even if I said no to the trade I wasn't going to stay here on the team," he said. "So it didn't make any sense to say no I'm going to stay and then know I'm going somewhere else anyway. ...

"I was talking to my agent most of the time, I didn't really talk to the owners much - after it happened I did - but they said right away that if did not go there, I would end up going somewhere else."

-
Tampa Tribune

Kuba, more than anything, sounds disappointed that he won't be able to play in front of family in the Czech Republic where his former team was slated to open the season against the Rangers.

The article also reports that he is busy practising with his former Lightning teammates before making the trip up to Ottawa this weekend.

Another new acquisition, Jarkko Ruutu, made his way to Ottawa yesterday. Of all the new players the Senators acquired, this guy may be the one the fans are most anticipating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tampa's a complete joke. Who's with me????