Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Penguin Cooke Lashes Out At Sens Ruutu


Over at the Post-Gazette, Dave Molinari did a story today on newly acquired Matt Cooke and asked the agitator how he compares to departed fan favourite Jarkko Ruutu, now in Ottawa:

"I don't go out and stick [opponents] after the whistle and yap and do all those types of things," he said. "I try to play in between the whistles.

"It's a completely different approach [than Ruutu's]. I'm going to try to get guys off their game and get guys to worry about me, but not by sticking them in the back of the legs or punching after the whistle, that kind of stuff."

-Post-Gazette

If you had any doubts about Ruutu being one of the most hated players in the league, take it from Cooke in a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Ottawa fans got a good view of that on Monday night when Ruutu ran New York Ranger Nikolai Zherdev from behind seconds after the final whistle.

It's usually an Ottawa player on the receiving end of something like that.

So this is how the other half lives...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan of Ruuts' since he was here in Vancouver and I've not noticed him for being someone that runs guys after the fact, in fact it's usually his mouth running and some other guy sucker punching him. Besides, Cookie's had a hate on for Ruuts since they were both with the nucks. They've had two dust ups in practice, they have a real dislike for one another. I can't wait to see them go at it in Sweden. I hope Ruuts kicks his ass!