Monday, April 7, 2008

Predictions Re-Visited.


Like a lot of bloggers, I'm dragging out my pre-season predictions (which you can see in full here) and by the looks of things, I've got some crow to eat.

I picked Buffalo to finish first in the East and the Tampa Bay Lightning to finish 3rd. They finished 10th and 15th respectively. Brutal.

In the West I fared a lot better and only missed Dallas who I picked to finish 9th but they ended up making the playoffs in the 5th spot.

I picked San Jose to win the President's Trophy but that ultimately went to Detroit with San Jose finishing a relatively close second.

I also picked the Ottawa Senators to beat the Calgary Flames in the Stanley Cup final, and while that's still a possibility, I don't think I'll be making those same picks when I make my post-season predictions tomorrow. Though I might hold on to Calgary. I figure Mike Keenan is due for a good run. I picked him for the Jack Adams award but maybe he'll just pot the Stanley Cup instead.

No comments: