Thursday, April 10, 2008

Roberts Goes To War


As expected, a lot of the post-game-one talk is about Gary Roberts and his penchant for burying the Senators. Roberts himself is almost the physical embodiment of all of Ottawa's past failures and now he's reared his battle scarred head out of the abyss.

At least the Senators went after Roberts in the final seconds, with brash newcomer Cody Bass leading the way. The incredible thing about it is that Roberts, as seen here, seems to be challenging the entire Senators team. This guy is unbelievable.





Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette gets it right when he says that Roberts is "torturing" the Sens.

"He's got that thing in his eyes," Talbot said. "I don't know what it is, but it's pretty scary." ...

They paid Roberts the ultimate hockey compliment by trying to beat the heck out of him in the final few seconds. ...

"I was at the bottom of the pile, so I don't know who was punching me," he said. "I just knew I was getting hit a lot."

Roberts' puffy right eyelid showed it. It looked as if it were about to explode.

Roberts clearly loved it."


No comments: