Saturday, January 12, 2008

Duthie On Chelios


TSN's James Duthie is doing a regular column for the Ottawa Citizen this year and this week he set his sights on the "older than dirt" Chris Chelios and his quest to beat Gordie Howe's age record in the NHL. Very entertaining read.

From The Ottawa Citizen:

"When I first started training him, the workout would start at 7 a.m., so I would always get there at 6:45 just to be ready,'' says Goodman. "Then a couple of days into it, I would get there at 6:45 and he would already be there, so I started coming at 6:40. And the next day, he was already there. This kept going until we were getting there at 6 a.m., so I finally said, 'Chelly, would you rather work out earlier?' And he said very seriously. 'No, I just don't like you beating me to the gym.'"

No comments: