Thursday, November 15, 2007

Proof Is On Avery's Side This Time


More and more, it's beginning to look like the report that Sean Avery made comments concerning Jason Blake's cancer during a mini-brawl on the weekend is completely false. If this is true, then Avery has definitely been slandered unfairly and there should be consequences.

Not one Toronto Maple Leaf has confirmed Avery made the comments and Jason Blake himself claims that he never heard it. Here are some of the relevant quotes:



"I was standing there the whole time," Hollweg said. "I saw everything happen. I made sure I was nearby just in case anything happened.

"We all know who and what Sean is. But the accusations that were made are untrue. I don't even know why Blake was there to begin with because it had nothing to do with him - it was between Tucker and Avery. I saw Blake swing his stick first and then it all happened from there.

"So, if anybody is to blame, I'd say it would be Jason Blake."



"That's not true. That's absolutely not true and the Toronto players confirmed it," Shanahan told reporters yesterday. "The players who would have every reason in the world to accuse Sean of that, they've already confirmed to an outside source that that was never heard?I would sue the guy if I were him."



"That's not the worse thing that's been said and I don't know if he even said it," said Blake, who praised Avery's antagonistic playing style."


No comments: